Teeth whitening is a cosmetic dental procedure that removes teeth stains and discolouration. Over the years, teeth whitening has become one of the most popular cosmetic procedures with people loving the newfound confidence that perfect, white teeth give them.
Don’t want to experience a very sensitive moment during in-chair whitening treatment anymore? Try our special offer of only $599 and you can take your first “Home Teeth Whitening Kit” with you.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
The benefits of teeth whitening treatments include:
- They are a self-confidence boost
- It’s affordable and easy to maintain
- It enhances your look
- It’s a non-invasive treatment
- It motivates you to take good care of your oral health
Types of Treatment
There are a few main ways to whiten your teeth – a professional treatment carried out by a dentist, a self-whitening tooth kit which is provided by dentists and which people can do themselves at home, and over-the-counter treatments.
Professional Teeth Whitening Procedures
Professional teeth whitening procedures can be done in a few different ways:
- The dentist will check your teeth to ensure that they are in good enough condition for the treatment.
- A gel is applied to protect your gums, and a bleaching solution containing hydrogen peroxide is put on your teeth.
- A bright light is shone on your teeth which allows oxygen to be released, and stains to be lifted off the teeth.
- This procedure can usually be completed in one visit.
Power Bleaching (Laser Whitening)
- The dentist covers your gums and paints a bleaching agent on your teeth. Laser light is then shone on your teeth to activate the whitening process.
- This process takes about one hour and only requires one dentist visit.
Whitening Treatment with Mouth Trays
- Your dentist will make moulds of your mouth
- A custom mouth tray is made, which will fit over your teeth
- A bleaching solution is put into the mouth trays which you will wear for 15-30 minutes.
- The third step can be repeated at home following your dentist’s instructions.
Home Whitening Kit
Your dentist can provide you with a home teeth whitening kit which will include a custom-made mouth tray with a whitening/bleaching solution. Instructions on the correct way to use the kit will be included.
As well as professional dental procedures for teeth whitening, there are also many over-the-counter gels, toothpaste, strips, and whitening trays available. If you would rather choose an over-the-counter teeth whitening solution, you will have to check with your dentist beforehand to see what the best option is for your teeth.
How Long Will Teeth Whitening Treatments Last?
Teeth whitening treatments can last for 6 months up to 2-3 years. How long it lasts and how effective it depends largely on what treatment/products you use. Practicing good oral hygiene and attending regular dental appointments will help ensure that your teeth stay white for as long as possible.
Teeth whitening treatments aren’t permanent, and you will most likely need to continue getting teeth whitening treatments every 1-2 years to keep your teeth white and bright.
What Causes Discoloured Teeth?
The most common causes of discoloured teeth include:
- Red wine
- Certain medications
- Yellowing teeth as people age
- Some people are born with more yellow teeth than others
What Are the Side Effects?
Some of the side effects of teeth whitening treatments include:
- Tooth sensitivity
- Pain in gums and tongue
- Tingling sensation
Who Can’t Have Teeth Whitening Treatment?
Teeth whitening treatments are not recommended for pregnant and breastfeeding women due to the potential risks associated with the treatment. It is also not recommended for anyone who is allergic to peroxide.
Can Teeth Whitening Treatments Damage Your Teeth?
Although patients may feel some teeth sensitivity and discomfort, whitening treatments which are carried out by a dentist will not damage your teeth, and any discomfort is temporary.
What Foods and Drinks Should You Stay Away from After Your Treatment?
For the first 48 hours after your teeth whitening treatment, you should avoid the following foods and drinks:
- Red wine
- Saucy foods
Patients should also refrain from smoking any tobacco products.
What Foods Can You Eat?
The best foods to eat after your teeth whitening treatment include:
- Plain chicken
The Duration for This Treatment
Need only 1 appointment to see the dentist to produce whitening tray for your upper and lower teeth.
One appointment for 20 minutes with the dentist.
Teeth Whitening Special Offer : $599
(Including 1x appointment, whitening trays and 6 syringes of whitening gel)
Book and call us now ! (+612) 9922 6022
OR simply email us : email@example.com