Ceramic Filling or Crown
CEREC is a dental technology which enables a ceramic filling or crown to be made and bonded to a tooth which has a cavity, is broken down or has a crack needs to be reinforced by a crown.
CEREC allows the crown to be made and bonded to the tooth in 1 appointment, instead of the more traditional method which requires 2 appointments. This means that the tooth no longer needs a temporary crown in between appointments, which usually tends to dislodge prior to the final crown being placed.
CEREC Involves the Following Steps in the 1 Appointment
- 1. Remove the decayed parts of the tooth.
- 2. Scan the prepared tooth with a digital video scanner.
- 3. Design the ceramic filling/crown with a 3D CAD/CAM software.
- 4. Mill the ceramic filling/crown in the clinic using a solid block of ceramic and a milling machine.
- 5. Bond the ceramic filling/crown to the tooth.
Once the ceramic filling/crown is bonded to the tooth, you will be able to eat and drink straight away.
The duration for this treatment
One visit for 2 hours 30 minutes.